ESOL Daytime Classes
Our day time English classes are taught by friendly, highly experienced teachers. Students enjoy the welcoming and relaxed environment our school offers for learning English. Our classes have a range of nationalities and ages.
Students can join at any time during the term and pay a reduced fee for the number of weeks they are attending.
Withdrawals can be made from a class up to 3 days prior to the class starting. No refunds will be given after this and no refunds will be given once a class has started. A $15 administration fee will be charged if a students withdraws from a class.
To qualify for an attendance certificate students are required to attend 80% of the course. This is also necessary for Mt Roskill Grammar School to receive a Government subsidy for the student.
Please: No smoking anywhere on the school grounds.
CONVERSATIONAL ENGLISH AND GRAMMAR CLASSES
This course will cover reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar and pronunciation. Course focuses on everyday English.
A placement test will be held on the first day of classes each term for all new students to determine their level of study
Three levels are offered:
- Level 1 - Beginners/ Elementary (Tutor: Greg Morman)
- Level 2 - Pre-Intermediate (Tutor: Stephanie Edward)
- Level 3 - Intermediate/ High Intermediate (Tutor: Jenny Jones)
- Days: Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Time: 9am - 12 noon
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Term 1 starts: 4 February 2013
- Term 2 starts: 6 May 2013
- Fee: $395 per term *Please note: Non-residents are required to pay 30% extra
*Please note: No classes are held on public holidays. No make-up classes will be held.
IELTS PREPARATION CLASS - ACADEMIC & GENERAL IELTS
This class will help students to prepare for both the IELTS Academic & General Exam. It will cover the four parts of the exam - Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening. Our experienced IELTS teacher will provide lots of practise and tips on how to get high marks when you sit the IELTS exam. A high level of English is required for this class.
- Term 1 starts: 5 February 2013
- Term 2 starts: 7 May 2013
- Days: Tuesday and Thursday
- Time: 9.15 - 11.15am
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Fee: $265 *Please note: Non-residents are required to pay 30% extra
- Tutor: Jenny Jones
* Please note: No classes are held on public holidays and no make-up classes will be held.