If you would like to host an international student, please fill in the forms below and send them to the International Department, along with a bank deposit slip. A member of the International Team will then contact you as soon as available to organise a visit and take photos of your home.
Once we have your profile organised we can then match you with a student who needs accommodation. If you have any questions please contact the International Department.
Fees for 2013 are $230 a week, a total for 46 weeks of $10,580.
Homestays are an important part of your new life in NZ and we work hard to make your time happy. We have a homestay co-ordinator who will find you a nice home.
- If you want to leave a homestay that we arrange, you must give 2 weeks notice.
- If you want to keep the same home over summer, the fee is $50 a week to hold the room.
All students are supervised by school homestay staff, and all homestays undergo Police checks. (This policy is the same whether the school provides you with a homestay or students live with family friends or relatives).
- All students must live within a reasonable distance of the school’s zone.
- All students must inform the school of any changes in caregiver arrangements immediately.
- Under no circumstances can students find accommodation through advertisements or go flatting.
Year 9 and 10 students need a parental representative while studying in our school. This can be a family member, a friend of the family or an employee of a guardianship company. Please advise if you prefer a person who can speak your language; or a NZ person with good knowledge of the school and community. We have a guardianship company which we recommend and application forms are available.
This nominated representative is necessary in time of emergency to give medical permission, support students in legal matters and be a point of contact with the school in guidance and disciplinary matters. Parental representatives can be provided for older students, on request.