In a safe, supportive environment MRGS will provide learning opportunities for each student to strive for excellence, realise their personal potential, and develop understanding of social responsibility and respect for individual and cultural differences.
Our students will be successful, powerful learners who are active and responsible citizens.
Our professional and highly motivated staff will challenge thinking and grow knowledge through inquiry and quality learning programmes.
As a school community we have high expectations expressed through our values.
- Manaakitanga through uplifting, fostering and nurturing the mana of each person.
- Whanaungatanga through fostering relationships and cherishing diversity, seeking the support of parents, families and whānau and making good connections between people.
- Excellence through aspiration, creativity, persistence and resilience.
- Responsibility through ownership, participation and leadership.
- Respect for self, others, and the environment through acknowledgement, tolerance and celebration of diversity.
- Empathy through listening, kindness and service.