Mount Roskill Grammar hosted the finalists of the NIWA Auckland City Science and Technology Fair. Approximately 180 students, Years 7-13, exhibited at this year’s 60th anniversary of the Fair, held in our hall, Friday 30th and Saturday 31st of August. Innovative minds from across central Auckland presented a broad variety of projects that inspire and spark imagination.
We are extremely proud of our own students who participated and excelled:
- Fateema Islam Y9: “Surface Tension vs. Density” (Material World) – 3rd Place / Special Prize
- Rishi Santosh Y10: “Food to Mars” (Research) – Highly Commended / Special Prize
- Devika Modak Y10: “Most Aerodynamic Car Shape” (Physical World) – Highly Commended
- Mahreen Dossa Y9: “Watch Out” (Living World) – Highly Commended
- Alex Thomson Y9: “Air Pressure” (Physical World)
- Joshlyn Iyekekpolo Y9: “A Better Way” (Living World)
- Eric Li Y9: “Does Caffiene Affect Recall” (Living World)
- Afsandi Hafidz Y9: “Does Caffiene Affect Recall” (Living World)
- Noa Travis Y9: “What Foods Do Ants Prefer” (Living World)
- Ezekiel Haunga Y9: “What Foods Do Ants Prefer” (Living World)
- Sana Dhala Y9: “pH and Bodies” (Material World).