A message for students about the MRGS Library:
Please do not worry about returning or renewing any library books you currently have on loan. You can simply return or renew them once school re-opens. Automatic email reminders about overdue library books have been switched off for the meantime.
How can you access books from home?
There are over 1,800 e-Books on offer here: https://mrgs.wheelers.co/
Instructions for reading e-Books on your own device:
1. Go to https://mrgs.wheelers.co/
2. Click eplatform app
3. Click App Store or Google Play or Windows 10 button > download app
4. Click app icon and find your library by entering Roskill or searching through the list > select Mt Roskill Grammar School
5. Login using you school ID number and password
6. Browse library > select book > borrow now > read now
7. After a few seconds the book should be ready for reading offline (i.e. once you borrow the eBook you do not need to be online (connected to Wifi or using mobile data) to read it
Audible have made hundreds of audio books free for “as long as schools are closed.” You can just go to the site and start listening:
If you’re an Auckland Libraries member there are even more online options…
eCollections and online resources
There are many libraries collections and services you can access online.
Manage your library account online by logging in with the barcode number on your library card and your PIN/password. You can then browse the library’s catalogue to check out their eCollections and online resources.
To login, set up or reset your PIN/password, visit their login page.
- Streaming films and documentaries
- eLearning and online resources
- Auckland Libraries blogs and podcasts
Final note: don’t forget about our fantastic school library website www.mrgslibrary.org
Where you will find:
• Homework help
• Subject databases
• Topic information
• Online resources
• Useful websites
• Online magazines
• Online newspapers
• Library catalogue access
• Book recommendations
Stay safe everybody – look out for your family and others
he waka eke noa